Friday, November 26, 2010

Cost To Insure A Porsche

do not know if I understand ... Part 1

Tower of Babel, 1600. Tobias van Haecht
A quella morning I woke with a start, with a persistent idea in my head. He had a job to do, make up words that did not exist and that their absence humans were incapable of understanding. This problem was common to all languages \u200b\u200bhe knew. My job as a translator I supplied then a large sample of examples.
mastered seven languages \u200b\u200band four others could understand, and they all now suffered was clear that many words to define particular moods and feelings we could not pass and that because of this deficiency produced daily by thousands of misunderstandings and arguments of greater or lesser significance anywhere in the world.
Who visited me during sleep, demanding this arduous undertaking, which I saw with the power to resign? Went through my mind countless personal situations or historical events in which these language deficiencies had led to hatred, separation, strife, wars, schisms, and other breaks.
It was not the confusion of tongues at Babel succeeded in building the tower, but the poor, incomplete and imperfect articulation of languages \u200b\u200bin the world, all affected by a gap that no one felt the need to solve and now I was entrusted to me, a lowly translator of brochures, instructions, user guides and other documents pointless and in no way required of all those words now must invent, define and classify.
continued ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment