Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pressure Points Helped Me Start My Period

Married Women in my family. By Susan Moreno

Susana Moreno
I admire all women who have passed into history, having positive achievements that have advanced to society and deserve to be remembered, either in the field of science, literature, art, politics or any other discipline. But not especially admire its concrete achievements, but because the value of having personal capacity necessary to highlight the value is added to overcome the barriers imposed by society (and still requires) for women. Barriers as conditions for personal development such as lack of access to education or work in a society so accustomed to women have nothing interesting to say, I am surprised that some have achieved enough notoriety to make history. Analyzing

why any of these women in particular complete reference I used, I found the answer in my family.

Due to circumstances of life, premature death of my two grandfathers made the women in my family have to take the reins. My maternal grandmother was an energetic woman, brave, capable, and hard as a rock. She began knitting at home and ended up riding a garment factory with hundreds of employees. In my father's family was also a woman, who took the reins of the family wealth management, defending the well-intentioned men who under the guise of pity for a poor widow ignorant of business, aiming to provide those assets at bargain prices .

women in my house would send as much or more than men.

In my family women and men got together and talked about the divine and human, as well as management business and labor. I do not remember conversations exclusive, male or female. The opinion both about as others had the same value, and from an early gave me the opportunity to participate in those conversations and I conveyed the idea that it could be anything I wanted.

raised me not equal to one hundred percent, "scrubbing the kitchen was women," but by his example, his work, his opinions, I was educated in the belief that women were involved, normally, in the management of life in all its facets, not only in the domestic. Needless to say, I bumped smack into a reality very different when I started working in a sector as is the male-dominated construction.

We have much to do.

men and women we educate our children, passing on ideas or principles by example, with our way of living day to day. Our kids are looking to us and that is a huge responsibility, but also the easiest possibility to improve our future society, helping them to achieve full equality that we do not see.

What women are for me essential?

ALL, because we can pass on a legacy to future generations, and that legacy must be built on equality and respect among all people, be they men or women.

Falero Susana Moreno is Chief Architect of the Department of Construction Education and PP councilor in the municipality of Segovia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment