Monday, February 7, 2011

How To Install Shree Lipi In My Computer

My grandmother, my mother and my aunt. By Ana Isabel St. Romuald

Ana
Photographs released by San Romualdo.

always bothered me a lot of that expression that a person is or acts as a greengrocer, but the truth is that even I've caught myself using it sometime, then repent immediately. I try to use alternative expressions (the current thread, the best you are a belenesteban) because my grandmother was a greengrocer, and nothing further from her image of women that vulgar and loud to be associated with the term.

My grandmother Eugenia, Uge for all, had a fruit and vegetable market San Jose, then a cold and full of air currents, far from the modern cultural center it is today and that she never knew. He took the job in very difficult years of the postwar era, in which no excess of anything that time, I fear, are pale to those currently suffering, no simple either.

Originally, there were days you did not sell almost anything. In which the goods, fragile, broke down in boxes or in baskets and get home as he was gone, only the cold Segovia in the body. I still keep, as always overcome by the symbolism of objects, an old tweed jacket yours. Memory, or perhaps I remember that he used when he was in the market.

Uge Anyway, that was tough and tender at the time, never lost faith that this adventure in which he had embarked would improve the lives of his family. There was always a sell and tomorrow. Modestly, the business was gradually doing better, and served to supplement the family income. Unpretentious, this is not the story of a fruit that ended up having a big company, but the fruit was a fruit. I think she never needed more and of course, me neither.

passed by the grocery store, briefly, my Aunt Rachel and a little more prolonged in time, my mother, Anne, I do not know whether genetic or environmental issue, but I remind myself, before writing, doing accounts and charging the ladies in the office, when he stood a meter above the ground.

Life took my mother and my aunt in another direction and I do not think more of the steps of his mother and establish his own business. But the fact is that, while not expected it, ended up happening. When I passed the 50, when he feels more and some less life has already encarriladada and it is proper to start thinking about retirement and grandchildren, they laid hands on her mother's spirit, the spirit I see in them every day, put the crisis and "these two están locas” por montera y abrieron una zapatería.



Han pasado casi dos años y La Zapatería del Mercado, en el Mercado de La Albuera, (gracias a EL ADELANTADO por esta pequeña cuña gratuita) sigue abierta, para sorpresa de los que no las daban ni un año, en un momento con una de las peores caídas del consumo de los últimos treinta años. Como la frutería de mi abuela, no creo que la zapatería llegue nunca a multinacional, pero en tiempos en que abrir cada mañana es un triunfo incluso para los que llevan generaciones en el negocio, para unas recién llegadas levantar el cierre cada día es casi un milagro.

Mi madre y My aunt knew fruits and vegetables and these months have learned of shoes and handbags, shop windows and set up using your computer or data-phone. When I see them, always happy with their decision to open the business, even in the days when sales slack, I think my grandmother, the greengrocer's market in San Jose, would be proud of their daughters. I am. Of the three.

Article published in The Adelantado de Segovia.

Ana San Romualdo is editor of El Adelantado de Segovia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment