Monday, February 21, 2011

Iphone Covers With Fox

my grandmother's voice. By Juan Carlos Gargiulo


I send part of a family treasure: the voice of my grandmother singing Genoa.

She emigrated to Buenos Aires from Savona, Genoa, in the late nineteenth century. The 1967 recording was made by my uncle (now deceased) and is part of a reunion with his brothers, who remember the journey of migrants and their impressions upon arrival in Buenos Aires.

wanted to share this because many people in his memory must have loved the voices of their grandfathers and certainly, as happened to me, appear in dreams, or appear when we hear we sing to ourselves, our children singing the songs we love.


In the picture my grandmother and my grandfather Vicente Nicolas in La Falda, Córdoba, Argentina, surely a spring morning back in the 60's.

Juan Carlos Gargiulo is an architect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment